Capstone Structural (formerly R.L. Exley Consulting) has performed over 1,000 building inspections & investigations for insurance companies, attorneys, real estate professionals, lending professionals, building code officials and contractors. The scope of these investigations includes (but is not limited to):
- Determination of water/moisture sourcing for mold investigations in residential and commercial structures. (attics, basements, crawlspaces.)
- Investigation of alleged construction and blasting vibration damages.
- Investigations of explosion damages.
- Investigation of damages to structures caused by vehicle impacts, and for claims purposes, segregating new damages from pre-existing damages.
- Investigation of fire damaged structures to determine the extent of damages and to determine feasibility of reconstruction.
- Investigation of alleged storm damage (wind, hail, snow, lightning, tree impacts) to determine the extent of damages, and for claims purposes, segregating new damages from pre-existing damages.
- Investigation of alleged deficient design and/or construction including evaluation of:
- Excessive deflection of structural members
- Plaster/drywall cracking
- Below ground water intrusion through foundation walls
- Above ground water intrusion through roofs, flashings, chimneys, brick and stone veneer, etc
- Investigation of concrete driveways for causes of flaking, spalling and cracking.
- Investigation of wood truss collapses during construction.
- Investigation of deterioration and failures of brick parapet walls.
- Investigation of alleged seller’s non-disclosure during real estate sales transactions.
- Investigation of foundation settlement, failed foundation and retaining walls, heaving floor slabs.
- Investigation of personal injury claims due to failed sign anchorage, failed railings, falling plaster.
- Investigations regarding code compliance.
- Expert witness testimony.